Thursday, March 30, 2017

A Quest for April

This is no April Fools prank, I assure you.

So I've definitely started making some very positive strides in March, but I don't fully feel like I'm 100% committed and in the right mindset though.  I'm closer than where I was before, that's for sure. But, I still have areas I need to work on.  So with that in mind, I wanted to start getting out of my comfort zone a bit. 

The quest chain for April is as follows:

1.  Log food every single day.  In fact, I'm seriously thinking of skipping a day Friday to start my My Fitness Pal streak over again starting April 1st just to help me be accountable for this.  Sure I log into MFP each day, but (confessional time) sometimes I literally just log in for the streak and not do any logging other than that.  And that is bullshit.  It takes no time to log your food. I can spare an extra 2 minutes in my schedule to log the food and then hit submit.

2. (and this is a biggie).  No alcohol.  So my blood work numbers for my Coumadin have been really crazy lately.  I know we've been eating out more since the Floodpocolypse in August and not having cabinets or counter tops still has been affecting food prep and not in a good way.   Basically no casseroles or anything bigger than what we can throw in the dishwasher since ergo, no counter tops also equals no kitchen sink at the moment.  But, what I can do to help with this other than watching my food and the "what" of what I eat, I can step way out of my zone and go full kibosh on alcohol consumption.  I've noticed here and there we will have a beer or a glass of wine.  Back when I was first starting to lose weight and was successful with it, I was only drinking one day a week and even then it was only 1 or 2 glasses of something.  Here lately on the weekends Chris and I have been indulging constantly and even a few during the week too (on Monday night's bowling, it's nothing for one of my team mates and I to down 2 pitchers of beer - and that is JUST for two of us).  I want to see if stopping completely for the month will get my numbers back into normal range and with that and my exercising can hopefully offset the food issue until we can get back to meal prep like we used to.  We even lost our crock pot in the flood.  So that's something else we will need to replace soon.  

3.  Plan on exercising 1200 minutes.  I'm starting with a manageable number that I know I've hit easily in the past.  To get to this number, I can do a few things.  I'm going to count actual minutes of exercise, whether it be walking, running, swimming, tennis, weights, yoga.  All of which I want to get back to doing.  

If I think of more things that I want to incorporate, I'll be sure to add to it, but for now that's a start.  

Oh and in other news, I'm definitely rejoining our local YMCA.  The one "literally right next door" just reopened last week.  Now granted they have limited their operating hours, but between having access to the exercise equipment, I'll have access to an indoor track which helps with my 5k training since we have been getting quite a few rainouts lately, I can just take my runs indoors now when it does rain.  No more excuses.

In other non-planning news, we finally won a tennis match!  All these losses have been getting in my head and we sorely needed a victory for our morale.  We lost the first set, but then came back to dominate in the 2nd set.  And then finally in the Match tie-breaker we were point for point with them until finally we pulled ahead at the end and ended up taking the match!


Do you have any plans for April?  What are your goals?

10 comments:

  1. I love your April goals!!! Quite doable!!! I had to let my streak go a while back because I was logging on just to keep it alive. I restarted it and the fact that I don't want to lose it again has kept me pretty honest about actually tracking everyday. It really did make a difference to restart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning!! What a great feeling!!

    "sometimes I literally just log in for the streak and not do any logging other than that."

    *raises hand* guilty as charged... ;) But to my credit, I am back to logging daily in WW. :p

    Have a great April!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job with the daily logging in WW! You do the same!

      Delete
  3. I love your goals!! Booze is such a tricky one for me. Sometimes I can totally have one and be happy but (I guess like any other treat) they can gradually add up. I did a sober January last year and actually gained weight so learn from my mistake: skipping 200 calories of alcohol doesn't give you 400 extra calories for snacks. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks for the reminder of that! Yea you are right!

      Delete
  4. I totally wish I had thought to skip Friday on MFP! It would have been a nice addition to my restart. Glad I finally noticed you moved! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Hope you are doing well!

      Delete