Thursday, March 16, 2017

Pigs can fly

So on my last blog, I swore off running.  Had no desire to do so, like at all.  But, here recently hubby started running a bit and going to the gym.

I've started to begin thinking about it and how I can fit in it.  It's do-able.



And then, my good friend and a fellow blogger decided to run a marathon in Cincinnati and a lot of us from our little group of fellow bloggers and strangers friends decided to make a group trip out of it!  So a large portion of our little facebook group will be meeting up in support of Meg and her marathon, and running or spectating some of the other races as well.  That got me to thinking.  Chris is already running so maybe he'd  like to give a 5k a go.  The race itself didn't impress him, nor the medal (he's never ran in a race before, only watched me run) but the chance to get a space blanket did.

The OG space blanket from Better Call Saul
So with Chris on board and agreeing to do it, I figured I'd better jump on in also.   So I registered us both for the 5k.

Piggies, I guess, can learn to fly and I can remember how to run.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! That's awesome!! So glad to hear it! The space blanket made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yea, gotta go with what motivates you, I guess!

      Delete
  2. Ok the space blanket would win me over too!!! But then again the medal would too...I've run in some races but never one where they give out medals!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently that is huge incentive, the medals. You definitely should check out some races. You run anyways!

      Delete
  3. I love that you can connect flying pigs and BCS :) Gary said we could leave super duper early...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure if given enough time, I can connect anything to BCS :D AND YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For leaving early! Just be safe on your drive. The 5k doesn't start until 10am I don't think.

      Delete