Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Hum-drum

It's been a mostly uneventful few weeks since we got back from vacation so it's been hard to find things to write about.  Here's a few little tidbits I guess.

Food  

Eating has horrible lately and so has meal planning (or shall I say, a lack thereof).  So yea, you can't really meal plan when you haven't been to the grocery store in 2 weeks.  I really think we have gotten so spoiled by eating out or ordering in that the motivation to actually cook just isn't there.  I haven't even been logging anything in My Fitness Pal lately.  And on that subject, how in the world is it still counting my streak when I don't even open my app for days at a time?

Exercise

Has been sporadic but I see glimmers of hope there.  The rains have finally let up a little and we managed to get a bike ride in yesterday.  And I've been actually wrapping my head around looking forward to going to the gym, especially the weights part.  But to actually make the transition from my brain to my actual doing so, hasn't quite happened yet.  

Tennis

Spring season finished last week and we went out with a whimper.  I really do like this group of ladies though and the plan is to continue to practice with them and stick together.  That will be great for me too because I really  have been wanting to get back to clinics and drills too.  Hoping that they move the practice dates from Monday (bowling) to just about any other day than Thursday (that's when Mixed Doubles league plays).  Speaking of Mixed Doubles, that's what I'm playing this summer and it is gearing up soon.  In fact, we are having our first team meeting and practice tonight.  Once again, I'm being thrown in with all new people but this has all worked out before and hopefully it will again this time around.  I do think I recognize one lady that is on the team that I played against before so there will be a semi-familiar face at least.  

That's about it.  Here's a few pictures from the last few weeks.  I'm ready for a new month and a fresh new start (again) soon.  


I bowled a 208!  (Granted it was a no-tap game - where the 9s counted as strikes)

Last spring match 


Aren't puppy toes the cutest?!


11 comments:

  1. I understand...I'm having motivation troubles, too! But I love that you are so dedicated to tennis!

    If your Fitbit calories are auto-uploading to MFP, maybe that's counted as "logging in"? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think that must be what it is! Fitbit does sync with MPF often!

      Thanks! motivation is tricky sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Awesome job on the bike riding! How do you like it?

    Puppy paws!!! YAY!!

    You'll get your eating back on track. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the bike! It's been so rainy here latey that we've only been twice though.

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    Oh my gosh, it's funny you mention myfitnesspal. I have not used it in forever and the first time I use in years, it's thrown me out of 'ok eating' into 'not good at all eating'. I don't know was it seeing the calories sent me into scarcity mode?! Anyway I hope your meal planning gets back into gear too.
    Marty(heartandgrit)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty! Yea, meal planning has always been a struggle along with logging the food

      Delete
  4. You look so happy in that last biking picture!

    As for MyFitnessPal....it's the MyFitnessPal gnome that keeps your streak alive. Mine must have died because my undeserved streak just died.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I solved the MyFitnessPal mystery when I ran a battery life check on my phone. Apparently MFP is a background running app- unless you manually close it (not just closing the window but actually going in and doing so) it keeps running (and sucking up your battery). The worst culprits I found were MFP and CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get MFP either. Gary actually thought I was still using it, but I haven't opened it in forever either. Weird. I love your couple selfies - we need to work on our game :)

    ReplyDelete