Monday, June 26, 2017

Busy but productive weekend (and I met a professional tennis player!)

Good morning!

These weekends seem to fly by so quickly!  We did have a good one though and got more than a few things accomplished with equal parts relaxation thrown in for good measure.

Friday morning started off with a virtual walk at 5am with 2 of the ladies from our Facebook group.  We started texting each other promptly at 5 to make sure everyone was up.  It was great for accountability especially when it's been a struggle to get it done before work.  


The rest of Friday was just ok.  The work day drudged on and it was finally time to go home.  Chris grilled us some yummy steaks.  Can you guess which one was mine?  Needless to say, I couldn't eat all of mine so half of it went into a container for my lunch today.  I am very much looking forward to it too!  It was delicious!

Hint - I LOATHE Brussels sprouts
Saturday, we woke up to a storm (again!  It's been raining almost every day for 2 weeks).  Thankfully it blew through fairly quickly.  Around 10:30, poor Ollie was bouncing off the walls.  He knows when it's park day but I thought the ground would be too wet to take him.  Instead I opted for a walk with him at the same park on the paths and the sidewalk.  I figured there would be more shade there for both of us and also we can swing into the dog park area to get him some water.  So we took off and managed just shy of 2 miles.  It was brutally hot though.  We got home and he crashed for the remainder of the day.  Confession - so did I!  (Although I did manage to start cleaning and doing laundry). 




On Sunday, Chris had on his productive pants on.  He managed to finally put the knobs and handles on all of our kitchen cabinets and clean out his office.  He's had the itch lately to get back to writing again and in a pet-free safe zone.  So he set to work in tackling those projects.  It actually took him all day and he finally finished sometime after I went to bed.  So he was quite a busy guy yesterday.   He did have a little help from his brother on the desk hauling and assembly so that made that go a bit quicker.  Here's some before and after pics.



Most of the stuff that we had from storage was dumped here.  Took a while to organize everything!

And after!  You can actually see the floor that needs to be mopped now!

And also on Sunday was the day that I've been looking forward to all week long!  This past week in between Tropical Storms and just normal week craziness, our city (Baton Rouge) was hosting a Women's professional tennis tournament.  And because of all the stuff going on, I didn't get a chance to even follow this tournament so by the time I arrived and saw who the draw was, I started wigging out!  One of my favorite professional U.S. tennis players was in the finals - Nicole Gibbs!  She is currently ranked 124 in the world!

It was a great match and Gibbs ended up winning 6-3; 6-3!  And she was so very nice and grateful (and even though she complained about the humidity, as do we all in Louisiana.  I mean look at me and I was just sitting in the stands).  But all in all it was a wonderful match and I'm so happy that I got to see her play in person!  One pro marked off my tennis bucket list!



This was match point!

Oh god, why was I nervous talking and not smiling!  #Awkward
And to top it all off, she liked 2 of my posts on IG!  Squee!  



 All in all, I'd say it was a good weekend.  I won't even complain about the spotty sunburn I got while sitting out watching the match!  

How was everyone's weekend?  Do anything fun?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Poor Ollie, he looks exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely was! That heat is no joke!

      Delete
  2. Somebody has a new BFF :) So happy you had a chance to see her play and meet her too! I love the hardware on your cabinets - so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you guys walked together!! So fun!!

    I ran 3 races in the most oppressive humidity and 2 of them were in Central PArk which is not my favorite but I was happy to be back out there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Glad you got out there and got it done though! Way to go! I'd love to "run through Central Park" just once! Bucket list item!

      Delete
  4. We've been in our house for a little over a year and still haven't replaced the kitchen handles (one thing I really want to do) or all of the hideous switch plates that were covered in pink/teal 80's wallpaper so I'm super impressed with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen, sadly it wasn't by choice thanks to the flood but I'm glad we are finally making progress again! haha that Wallpaper may come back around in style again at some point and then you'd be hip again! :D

      Delete