Monday, July 31, 2017

July Recap

I can't even fathom that this is the end of the month already!  

So July is finally leaving with a whimper and I'm ready to get things moving in the right direction again.  

These were my goals for July:
1. Water - again get up to the 100oz per day!
2. Log My Food!  I need to remember to do this, especially on the weekend.  I know I basically eat the same thing time and again but I still need to log it and then complete the day out.
3. 1800 exercise minutes.  Going to try to get a bump in the exercise minutes this month and see if that goal will be attainable.  
4. Weights - 3 times per week.  I'm doing better on this but I am only averaging 2x now,  I would like to make this happen 3 times per week with no exceptions.
5. I'm not going to say that I want to lose x number of pounds but I DO want to weigh less than I did this month.  Setting a solid number is setting myself up for failure so I will just say that I want to lose weight this month.  And if it's as much or more than June, then I will be a very happy camper!

And this is how I did:
1. Water - This one is a success. I'm definitely drinking more water now than I ever have and consistently too. A+ here.
2. Log my food - Womp womp.  F here.  I have fallen by the wayside with this.  
3. 1800 exercise minutes. F- Not even close.  I'm currently at 927/1800 but I WILL get 33 minutes more of exercise today to at least hit the 1000 mark.
4.  Weights 3x per week.  F again here.  I'm lucky if I got it done once a week and looking back I only did weights once this past month!  #Unacceptable.
5. Lose weight.  B here.  As of June 28th's weigh in, I was at 225 even and as of last weeks weigh in, I am at 222.6 and that puts me at a loss of 2.4 for the month.  I definitely feel like I could have lost more, but as of right this second (and considering what I ate this past weekend), I'll take the victory and run with it because I really feel like this coming weigh in is going to not be pretty.

So 3 F's and one A and one B is not good for the month but all is not lost.  In looking at the positive side of things, I'm still technically down for the month, I'm still technically eating better and I'm still consistently exercising.  

Now here's my plan for August.

And I'm going to go a little crazy and try for a streak.  - 10,000 steps each day for the entire month of August.  This will get me out of my "weekend" comfort zone and actually force me to move a bit more not only during the work week but on the weekends as well.

1. 10K A Day 
2. Water 
3. Log my food
4. 1500 exercise minutes
5. Weights - 2x per week
6. Lose weight

What is your plan for August?  How was your July?

8 comments:

  1. My July was pretty much like yours...lots of F's!!!! And no loss!

    Like you I am not setting any goal weight number! I just want to say that I will weigh less!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a good plan for August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a whole lotta celebrating and commiserationg in my July! Either way, eating more treats than planned. I've had a lot of little mental victories the past few weeks though, hoping they turn into scale victories in the next few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. August is going to be your month for sure!

    ReplyDelete