Tuesday, July 25, 2017

July Smuly

I don't know what it is about this month.  Maybe it is the heat.  Yea, that must be it.

I'm just tired and cranky right now and this has not been the best of months.  Sleep has been normally good for me but this past week has not been the best.  I'll share some of the highlights.

*Chris's car broke down and it took him two days to get it operating functionally again.
*This past weekend, he brought it into the shop to get it back to full working order and a new fuel pump, a new battery and 2 new tires later, it's finally back to normal.
*Chris goes to meet a friend last night in New Orleans to work on his book that he started writing (brainstorming session with another creative friend of ours) and then he had a blowout on the interstate.  Thankfully he is fine although my nerves may never be the same again and it was one of the older tires that it happened to.  So guess who will get a complete new set of 4 tires over the course of a week?  Yep.

Despite the car woes, it's been a good month for him. He has really gotten his creative juices flowing and finding the right work/sleep/exercise/writing balance.

On my end:
*I had to have a root canal done.
*The meds for said root canal, I suspect gave me a Urinary Tract Infection.

On the whole, I just feel like I'm barely treading water here.  Exercise has been lackluster.  Food choices have been "meh".  I'm really ready for August to be here and a fresh start. But, I will still continue to plug along with July and as my friend says, "Fake it til you make it".

Tennis match tonight so I hope I can find some energy or something to shake this.  Until then, please let Mr. Coffee kick in.

4 comments:

  1. It has been a rough month. Sophomore slump? I don't know what it is. But, you'll find your mojo.

    glad Chris is ok!! Car issues suck, especially scary issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Chris was ok. That can be really scary!

    I think it's a mid-year slump. July has been miserable. I'm looking forward to August as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have rough months at times. You're right though, July seems to be a bad month for many people. Your theory of it being the heat makes sense so I'm going with that too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your fought week....and dare I say month! July is about in the books though....and august is going to be your month!!!!

    ReplyDelete