Monday, July 3, 2017

June Recap

I had 3 main goals for June.  

1.  Water
2.  Diet
3.  Exercise

Water was better, but still not where it should be.  I'd say I'm averaging 60-70 oz per day.  I need to bump that up to 100 oz. 

Diet was definitely better.  Although of course there are things I can clean up a bit there, I do notice that I am eating far smaller portions and being really mindful of when I am full and when I need to stop eating.  Case in point, I stopped when I was full with Friday nights meal when normally I would have continued eating away.  And then last night, we opted for Chinese food and I devoured it.  I felt disgusting after and oh so full and went to bed cranky and bloated.  So yea, I guess it's still a learning curve but I do see improvement at least.

On exercise minutes, I finished at 1605/1000.   This was one area that I really picked the pace up so to speak.  I've managed to bring walking, weights, elliptical, cycling, tennis (naturally) and even swimming into the mix this month.  So all around a much better effort this month.

Our facebook group is walking to Mordor and I'm pleased to say that we are currently at Mile 552 (out of 1772 to actually get to Mt. Doom and if we want to go "there and back again" we have to get to 3,871 - see what I did there???)

And last but not least, I'm happy to report that I am down 6.2 pounds for the month!  I am thrilled to finally start seeing movement on the scale again!


Now for some things that I want to work on for July.  

1. Water - again get up to the 100oz per day!
2. Log My Food!  I need to remember to do this, especially on the weekend.  I know I basically eat the same thing time and again but I still need to log it and then complete the day out.
3. 1800 exercise minutes.  Going to try to get a bump in the exercise minutes this month and see if that goal will be attainable.  
4. Weights - 3 times per week.  I'm doing better on this but I am only averaging 2x now,  I would like to make this happen 3 times per week with no exceptions.
5. I'm not going to say that I want to lose x number of pounds but I DO want to weigh less than I did this month.  Setting a solid number is setting myself up for failure so I will just say that I want to lose weight this month.  And if it's as much or more than June, then I will be a very happy camper!

That's about it for now.  What are your goals for July?


3 comments:

  1. What a great month! Congratulations on the weight loss.

    And wow, look at all those different exercises. You are definitely kicking it in the activity category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! I love your goals! Great job in June!

    ReplyDelete