Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wednesday Weigh In

I weighed in this morning at 222.6 and that seriously surprised the heck out of me.  After last weeks gain of 3.4, I was hoping for a loss but didn't expect a 5.2 pound one but I'll happily take it!  Chris reminded me of a few things that could have been the reason since my exercise has been lackluster: I finished my period, the weeks' worth of birthday food and eating out has ended, and the fact that we were cooking at home and eating more sensibly (and smaller portions).  So that would make sense.  It just goes to show that weight loss is not done by exercising alone!


Food wise, as I said, it hasn't really been the best two weeks there, but once we got the family birthdays and anniversaries out of the way and actually started cooking again, things just sort of fell back into place.  Logging still hasn't happened but then again, I literally eat the same thing pretty much every day.  So unless my diet changes drastically I'm not quite sure I see the point in copying the same food items over and over in the MFP diary.   The bottom line is that while I still need to tighten up in a few areas, I am eating less and also eating more sensibly.  Also water, has really been on point especially since we stopped drinking milk at home.  After work, I'll come home and have 2-3 glasses of water a night and we started keeping some insulated water bottles on our nightstands for middle of the night sipping also.   So I'm going to give myself a B- on this one.



Did you know that cauliflower comes in colors?

Exercise, meh.  

Wednesday - 32 minutes walking; 35 minutes elliptical and 30 minutes weights
Thursday - 41 minutes walking
Friday - 15 minutes walking
Saturday - zip
Sunday - nada
Monday - nope
Tuesday - 2 hours and 2 minutes tennis match

I really could have done more this week.  But it is what it is and it's still more effort than I was putting forth before and I have to be okay with that.   I'll give myself a C on this.



Our match last night was crazy!  My partner, John and I played pretty dismally the first set and lost 3-6.  We rallied back and ended up the 2nd set in a tiebreaker and won, then the whole match went into a tiebreak since they won the first set and we took the 2nd.  In the end we were victorious!  We won 3-6, 7-6, 1-0!  It was nice to overcome defeat and pull together and actually win against some tough competition.  We were seriously looking defeat in the face in the middle of that 2nd set, we were behind 3-5 and it actually had gone to match point but we fought hard and ended up turning the whole tide of the match.  I'm proud to say that I was serving during that point and we were on a roll from that point on.  Bottom line, never give up and always keep fighting (a good motto for life too).

I'm in a much, much better headspace than I was in yesterday.  I think the really super tough match in the heat wiped me out and I was able to sleep like the dead last night.  So I'm not quite as "woe is me" as I was yesterday at least.  Here's to a better week and hopefully next week I can hit the next weight decade!

Here's some random pictures from the last week.

Chris's dead tire

Ollie watching some tv

Oz snuggles with daddy



Hope everyone is hanging in there this week!  Have a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Great job on the loss, and I LOVED reading about the exciting tennis match! Congrats on the win!!

    I will argue that tracking every day, even if it's the same thing, helps to keep you from sliding backwards when you "think" you know what you've eaten that day. Just some food for thought. (Ha! Unintended pun. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I definitely think it's 75% food and 25% exercise, for me anyway. And if I ever travel near you we need to meet up so I can love on Ollie- that little face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, a great weigh in. It's sad that life's celebrations throw us so far off track.

    What an exciting tennis match. Congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I knew cauliflower came in purple, but I don't think I have ever seen it in the store...and never orange...did you buy some? Hurray for a fantastic loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on that nice big drop on the scale!!!!

    ReplyDelete