Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Wednesday Weigh In

By some complete miracle I am down 1 pound this week.  From 222.6 to 221.6.  I will take it as I fully and completely expected a gain.  Now I'm hoping to be out of this decade next week.  We will see.  I am off to a decent start at least!



Food -

The weekend wasn't so hot. Pizza, Chinese food and McDonalds because we hadn't shopped properly and I was left to my own devices for most of the weekend (Chris was in Nola on Saturday) so that leads to me being lazy and eating a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and McDonald's for dinner.  Since Chris is writing more and I'm left alone more often, I really need to do better about prepping myself for these times.  Since Monday though, things have been back on track.  We did pull together and make a few meals for lunches and tonight we will need to come up with a plan for the remainder of the week.  But all in all I'm going to give myself a C- here.  I could have done better.  OH! I did start logging and "completing" the day on MFP since Monday.  Taking that into consideration, that helped my score from a D to a C at least.

Exercise - 

This week was better except for the weekend.  I have decided to try to attempt a 10K a day streak for the month of August, even though I technically started on Monday, so far I've hit the 2 day mark and am heading into today with good momentum.  I've also restarted C25K for the zillionth time.  What made me think that this was a good idea to do at the end of July/beginning of August in Louisiana?  Ah well, I've started and as of today I'm on Day 2 of Week 1.  So there it is.  I'm really anxious about the streak.  The weekends are my downfall and this will definitely be getting me up and out of my comfort zone and force me to get up and get those walks in early before it gets too hot.  Half the time, I'm awake at 6am anyway and just farting around the house.  No excuse not to get out and get some fresh air - except that I usually can find a million of them (excuses that is).  So this weekend will be a true challenge.  In other news, Chris got a new tire for his bike but has yet to put it on.  I could go without him though but I just hate to do that.  I'm not 100% comfortable riding on my own yet even though I have only had one crash since I've had the bike and it was due to a hole in the ground that I stepped in when I got off the bike.  So not technically a crash either, lol.  Anyways, the point being is that I have options of activities but my main goal right now is the 10K steps.  C on exercise and mostly because of the weekend fail.

Exercise minutes are at 110/1500 for the first 2 days in the month.

Wednesday - 32 minutes walking
Thursday - 15 minutes walking
Friday - 15 minutes walking
Saturday - nothing
Sunday - nothing
Monday - 30 minutes C25K, 45 minutes walking
Tuesday - 79 minutes walking (tennis match was forfeited by the other team so we won!)

Now for some random pics from the last week.



Notice the tongue hanging out (and drool on my couch)

Fun fact - We don't crate Ollie anymore but every time we leave the house, he goes and gets back in his "box".  I think he just wants the extra treats. :)

Bondi band sent me a birthday gift!

Yesterday's steps
Is your August off to a good start?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job getting your August off to a good start!

    Have you thought about signing up for a 5K or something on a weekend to get yourself out and moving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My August is off to a super slow start. It's hard to be on track when you take a two week vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. August started well. Kiddo and I have officially started working out at the Y. It's looking like my schedule will be MWF at the gym with her, Tues yoga, and... something on 2 other days. Last night totally got blown off. I changed my mind a few times then decided on a long walk just before a thunderstorm rolled in. So I did a whole lotta couch sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weekends are my downfall too. It's just so easy to treat ourselves. Good job on the one pound loss!

    I hope we both get to the next decade next week!

    ReplyDelete